iPod touch is not connecting to WiFi? If this problem persists even after checking your router’s configuration, then you might need to follow some points to ensure and get connected to WiFi.
The router Netgear login page can be used to see if your WiFi configuration is Ok for your iPod with your Netgear router. For any other router, its dedicated setup and configuration page help to get info.
Follow below steps to get help for iPod connection to WiFi
Ensuring router’s status
Firstly you need to ensure your router is ON and your iPod device is within the router’s range.
WiFi status over your iPos device
If router is ON and working as desired then you need to look into your iPod device to ensure if WiFi is ON and the SSID is visible in network list.
- Tap Settings then tap Wi-Fi. Now ensure that Wi-Fi is ON.
- Now tap the name of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) to join. If you see a blue checkmark beside network name then it means that you are connected to that network.
- To enable Auto Join, tap and turn on Auto-Join under your Wi-Fi network name.
- It will prompt to provide the WiFi network password, enter your WiFi password and connect.
- Even after providing correct password if you see an “unable to join the network” message or an “incorrect password” message, then restart all your devices (router and iPod) then enter password.
Check help provided in network list
If still there is problem, try to see help that you see below the network name on your iPod. It will redirect to some page with detailed description of the known problem.
Still problem in connection?
If issue persists even after ensuring above points then there might be problem with modem and router. So, also see if router is connected to modem and there is actually internet connection.