To use the existing Internet service provider you will be allow to use your router and can even help resolve problems associated with network connectivity by configuring your Netgear router. Most internet services providers don’t require you to configure your Netgear router unless you are using the router with a cable or DSL internet connection. For Netgear router setup you need all the information of your internet type and about your router. You can also use WPS button to set up your Netgear device by following these steps:
To add a WPS client to the extender network you can use the following steps:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or wireless device which is connected to the network.
- Enter http://www.mywifiext.net in the address field and you need to enter the username and password which is an admin for the username and password the password. But if you have changed the password then type that password.
- Select Add WPS client and click on the next button.
- Click the WPS button on the screen or enter the client PIN and click the next button.
- Go to the client device for Netgear router setup within two minutes and use its WPS software to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Your wireless computer is setup by WPS process automatically with the network password when it connects.
For specific WPS settings:
- Open a browser on your PC and type http://www.my wifiext.net.
- Enter the username and password default one or changed one. The default is an admin for username and password for the password.
- Click on the Advance option and after that click on wireless settings.
- Check all the boxes.
- Select the keep existing wireless settings and Netgear recommends that you leave this check box selected.
- To save the settings, click on apply button.